Garmin Forerunner 230
Garmin Forerunner 230
Garmin Forerunner 230 Yellow
- Includes -
- Forerunner 230 GPS watch
- Charging/data clip
GPS Running Watch with Smart Features
- Tracks distance, pace, time, heart rate* and VO2 Max*
- Connected features^: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, audio prompts, music controls, smart notifications and social media sharing
- Elite Performance Metrics: includes VO2 max estimate and race predictor so you know based on current performance when you're likely to finish
- Activity tracking counts daily steps, distance, calories and sleep
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ
Customize Your Watch and Your Training
No two runners are the same, and neither are their goals. Set yourself up to reach yours by downloading advanced workouts and training plans to your watch from Garmin Connect. You can even customize your data fields, and download watch faces, widgets and applications all for free at Connect IQ.
On and Off the Road Running
A built-in accelerometer captures distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. Once you're done running, it doubles as an activity tracker, counting your steps and calories throughout the day. It also reminds you to move after sitting for more than an hour. Forerunner 230 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely whether you're running deep in the woods or near tall buildings.
Colourful graphic interface shows your heart rate zone and beats per minute* at a glance.
It's Simple. Period.
Concise, easy-to-understand charts, graphs, maps and more let you view your activities, track progress toward goals and wirelessly upload and share relevant data directly with the online Garmin Connect network. So, you can compete with friends or family members on weekly step or running challenges - and compare your results in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. You can also use the app's wireless connectivity links to receive current weather conditions, forecasts and smart notifications right on your compatible Garmin device.
- Garmin Connect Features -
Displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone.
Garmin Connect compatible
Online community where you analyze, categorize and share data.
automatically transfers data to your computer.
- Activity Tracking Features -
Learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal.
Move Bar & Step counter
Displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it.
Monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep.
- Performance Features -
Calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod.
Pauses and resumes timer based on speed.
Automatically starts a new lap.
Cycles through data pages during workout.
Create custom, goal-oriented workouts.
Triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace.
Triggers alarm when you reach goal.
Set up exercise and rest intervals.
Heart rate-based calorie computation
Calculates calories burned
Measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness.
- Specifications -
- Weight - 41 g
- Dimensions - 45 x 45 x 12 mm
- Type - Colour LCD
- Size - 31.1 mm diameter
- Resolution - 215 x 180 px
- Type - rechargeable Li-Ion
- Life - up to 5 weeks in watch + activity tracking mode; 16 hours in training mode
- Water Resistant - 5 ATM
- GPS-enabled - high-sensitivity receiver + GLONASS
- Vibration alert - yes
- Find my Phone - yes
- VIRB control - yes
- Basemap - no
- Ability to add maps - no
- History - 200 hours of data
*When used with a heart rate monitor. Included with some models; sold separately on others.
^When paired with a compatible smartphone using the Garmin Connect Mobile app