On Running Cloudsurfer Men's
On Running Cloudsurfer Men's
Equipped with On’s patented CloudTec system, the Cloudsurfer is light, agile and excellent at transforming running energy into forward momentum, for high performance training runs and competitions.
Fast feels good: the adaptive sole balances every step and activates your postural muscles. The Cloudsurfer intelligently combines what conventional running shoes have failed to unite: a cushioned landing and a barefoot takeoff.
Runner profile: All types of runners looking for a cushioned yet highly responsive training and competition shoe.
Goal: Increase performance, train and compete.
Heel toe offset: 7 mm | 0.28 in
Weight: 275g | 9.7oz (US M 8.5)
Sizes: US M7-14
1. The On is the first running shoe with 3D cushioning, absorbing not only the vertical impact, but also the horizontal shock from the forward movement – the so called shearing forces which cause muscle cell destruction and pain in ligaments and joints.
2. The On makes you run light and fast, and pain free. When running, you want to land soft and push off hard. The CloudTec elements allow your foot to travel softly into your landing. Once locked, the Clouds are completely firm for a powerful push-off. This is possible to the fact that the On uses travel (distance) to slow down impact forces rather than just compressing rubber or air like other cushioning systems.
3. The On is the new approach to motion control: By activating your muscles, the On enables you to stabilize and control your foot strike naturally – without artificial support.
4. The On fosters an efficient running style, allowing the runner to land more forward on his or her foot as well as to adopt a centered and energized running position. The Integrated Transition Bridge flexes over the whole length of the shoe, making it the best rolling shoe on the market. Combined with your Cloud-activated muscles, this results in a shorter ground contact time.
5. On’s intelligent cushioning allows for a minimalistic, lightweight construction in line with the latest research on the natural movement of the foot, i.e. a low heel-to-toe ratio, being close to the ground, and very good torsional flex in the mid-foot.
6. The NEW 4 layers speedboard (all the 2014 models)
- Layer 1 - flex power - Hit the ground in a nice and rolling movement. The lengthwise rails translate landing impact into forward propulsion.
- Layer 2 - energy distribution - The diagonal grid ensures even energy distribution, interacting with the CloudTec sole.
- Layer 3 - torsion guidance - The high-density grid guides your foot through a natural torsion phase - not limiting your freedom of movement.
- Layer 4 - spiral dynamics - The transversal grid supports the natural gait of your foot in a spiral motion. Land on the outer side of your foot and push-off on your big toe.